Friday, April 17, 2009

Vlogs - WTF?

Alright, so I was on YouTube for a reason I can't remember anymore.  I tend to get some sort of attention-deficit problem when I get online, as I think most people do.  Anyway, I ran across a couple of vlogs (video blogs) and seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these people?

With the exception of a few (sxephil and whiteoutstain come to mind), most are pretentious jerks that take themselves way too seriously.  Clearly, they're absorbed with themselves and little else, having opinions to attract attention rather than contribute to an argument or attempt to be amusing in any way.

I'm still finding a way to reconcile why I have a blog if I'm not a pretentious asshole absorbed with myself, hoping to attract attention.  I mean, why else would a person be possessed with the urge to create his own website just to write a crapload of opinions?

Yeah, it's probably true.  Maybe I'm just as vain and pretentious.  But I take comfort in the fact that the written word is less in-your-face and you don't have to listen to me talk in an annoyingly self-righteous manner.  Or watch me talk down to people that eat french fries from McDonald's because it's bad for them (gaygod) and constantly talk about my haters because I'm such a fucking badass (petrilude) with odd metallic growths coming out of my face.

Just so all you know, I contemplate a lot of things, but the last thing I want to do is to be taken seriously on the for real.  The last thing I need is to have to live life as though I can't enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. weblogs videologs lincolnlogs it dont make much difference wut u call it if ppl structure theirs in a purely self-promoting way... always a turn-off

    ReplyDelete